The Palace Park

The Palace Park

Monday, 7 December 2009

Doors, Windows and Donkey Flesh

When your uncle and I were younger, our dad used to get so irritated with us for standing  smack bang in front of him whilst he was trying to watch the telly by saying 'You make a better door than you do a window.'  I was talking about this with my colleague at work today and he started laughing.  'In spanish, we have the saying: "La carne de burro no es transparente," which translate 'Donkey flesh isn't transparent.'

Now, one thing you should know about your mother is that I love a bargain. I love well-made, well-crafted as well, but I loathe paying retail. It goes against my principles. So don't be surprised if a lot of what you are greeted with come from places like: Nursery Value. You've also been gifted a huge amount of things from your Auntie A and Uncle JH and their daughters the Swedelets, among all of the others.  We're very luck, my love, to be surrounded by pragmatic and generous people.  It allows Mama to keep her feet in the style they are accustom to. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment