The Palace Park

The Palace Park

Thursday, 7 October 2010

22 September

22 September
Cincinnati, Ohio

I’m sitting in the lobby of Union Terminal in Cincinnati and it is half past midnight. This is one of my favourite buildings in the world; perfectly preserved and converted into a museum and still functioning as a train station. There’s a full moon out and I’m waiting for the 3:27 to Washington, having decided a few months ago that a train trip would do me good. It would force me to slow down and be patient, 2 things I am not always great at; especially the slowing down part.

We arrived in Dayton on Sunday the 13th to blue skies and a parched autumn. Since the cold has arrived early to London, I had been craving an Indian Summer, so this suited me down to the ground. There was a BBQ, there was Karaoke at a dive bar called Dizzy Jim’s where one can sing their hearts out 7 nights a week. There was a week of early morning coffee with Gigi, a week of all night drug stores just waiting for a bout of insomnia, a week of Law & Order marathons; a week of just good stuff happening. A week of living like I’m sixteen and the world is just itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment