The Palace Park

The Palace Park

Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Grove Road is as busy as my old street ever was but the house is set back off the road a bit more and it is a whole house.  I came up to London yesterday, leaving your sister to wear out your dad and walked up Bear Road to Carrow Bridge, the long way around to the station, just because I could. I wondered if Julian of Norwich ever walked this way before her vow of silence, before taking her contemplative vow of silence, before writing the LONG TEXT.  I wonder that I've finally found my way to live near her grace, after years of being pulled ever-so-lightly to Norwich.

'What,' she might say, 'is a nice Jewish gal like you doing in a place like?' But no , it seems far more likely that she'd say 'Oh, you're here! How lovely...'

We've left London and where we go now, well, only the wind and the stars know, ultimately. But you're with us, my fair sweet prince.

This is now a moment of trotzdem a zum leben sagen.  Indeed, 'yes' is but a 3 letter word and one to use more often than I have in the past

No comments:

Post a Comment